It’s inevitable – furniture will eventually deteriorate or break. The results can be
heartbreaking. But we’re up for the challenge.
Astonish has two principles that guide us in repairs:
- Maintain the integrity of the object.
- Respect the historical and physical distinction of your piece.
These principles mean we preserve as much of the original components and character
of your piece as possible. Here’s how we approach repairs:
- Repairs should be reversible. Some day they will deteriorate as well.
- Missing veneer should be replaced but very little surrounding material should be
- Original glue should be used.
- Any wood replacement should be done with the same period species of wood.
- All treatment should be documented.
The result: preserving the value and appearance of your cherished piece.